Dissertation and Pangs

I am supposed to be writing my dissertation proposal. But academic writing is barely fun. So I thought maybe I could write on Love? But, what could I write about something that's as cliched and bastardized as Macy’s Thanksgiving day parade? Shakespeare said ‘Journeys end in Lovers meeting’. I am not sure I still understand that.
At 21, when I read Love in the time of Cholera, I was a different person. Marquez was this fierce lover I resonated with. So much that I highlighted the line ‘The only regret I will have in dying is if it is not for love’ with a fluorescent marker. But at that aged wisdom leaves you and it takes at least 50 heartbreaks do deal with your warped sense of stupid romanticism.
And then there ’s, Murakami who says cool stuff like What do you think? I'm not a starfish or a pepper tree. I'm a living, breathing human being. Of course, I've been in love.
The bigger picture, however, is realizing that love in real life is unexpected. You may curse yourself for thinking its elusive and probably will never gonna happen but it will. Till then you just have to go on with your life . Give yourself chances. Date people who will persuade you to walk to West Village after having your favorite hot chocolate in the city. And who knows maybe on a cold winter morning when you are all miserable you might just find hope right outside your window.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When LAyover decides your fate

Unrequited